What a great year! I’m never sad to see a year pass but this one I’m going to miss but before so I want to share both my personal and public top 2012 moments. And please share yours!
[Communit-Y Talk] Top 5 Moments
4) Mizzou moves to the SEC: Even though we are having some real obstacles in the conference, I’m happy to know that my Alma mater is stepping their game up to go to the next level. Go Tigers! M-I-Z Z-O-U.
3) The epic that is Scandal: It’s been a long time since I really was sucked into a show but I would like to thank the writers, directors and the entire cast of Scandal because I am definitely an addict. Thank you for breaking me away from the virus that is reality TV.
2) Lost but not forgotten lives: From the shooting death of Trayvon Martin to the mass theater shooting in Colorado to the unforgettable loss of children’s lives in Connecticut, 2012 was full of human reflection. We all questioned not only our own safety but our children’s lives. I hope we all take more time to care more for each other and be cautious of the chaotic world around us.
1) Re-election of President Barack Obama: No matter what you voted the most important part was that we all go out there and vote. It was a tough race but he is back in the seat and driving us FORWARD!
Mid-WYFE’s Top 5 2012 Moments
5) Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour: Some may be laughing at this on my top list but I am a genuine MJ fanatic and when I had a chance to go see a live tribute to him by Cirque du Soleil, I couldn’t pass it up. It was amazing and the money was well worth it. Now I have to find one of his flash mobs…
4) New moves: I stepped into freelancing towards the end of the year and I excited to move 2013 with a focus on greatness. Contact me for marketing services today! www.dniccolecoleman.com
3)Blogville: Even though I’ve blogged before I’m happy to say that this time around I’m enjoying creating conversations and finding an outlet for my thoughts. Thanks you to every one of you that take a moment to read and/or respond. It’s awesome to see so many following me and there is much more to come in 2012…
2) New steps with an old love: This one really shares the #1 spot but I’m keeping it simple. On 5.5.5 or May, 5 2012 (2+0+1+2) I married my best friend of 8 years. It was an awesome day filled with family meeting family, great dancing and drinks that put almost everyone on their ass! And it’s been great growing and learning with someone like him and I can’t wait to celebrate more years to come.
1) Family, family and more family: Not only did we expand the family by adding a new, exciting doggie named Angel, but I’ve been blessed to now have my youngest step-daughter in my life on a daily basis. She has taught me so much about life in the short time she has been here with us and I can’t wait to create more memories with her.
God has blessed me in 2012 and I know more blessings are to come. Happy 2013 Everyone!
What was your top 2012 moment? Share!