‘I’m starting with the Woman in the mirror, I’m asking her to change her ways, and no message could of been any clearer, if you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself then make a change.’ Michael Jackson was really on to something with this Man In the Mirror song. The lyrics still ring very true as making a change starts with us. This song creates an awareness of how true change happens however I’d like to add an empowerment twist on it. Think about it, if change starts with you ‘looking in the mirror’ – doesn’t that make you a pretty powerful person?! Yes, it’s a hard pill to swallow that you must take responsibility for your life / changes however once we get our heads wrapped around this, it’s black girl magic time! Here’s the top 5 ways to consider making true change:
- Clarity – In order to get where you’re going you must be clear on the destination. Just like when using a GPS / navigation system, in order to get to your final destination you must put in an exact address in order to get where you want to go #clarity. If something is not working in your life and you’d like to make changes I’d advise you to first put pen to paper and get super clear on what needs to be changed. What’s the desired end result? #setyourselfupforsuccess
- Affirm – Once you know where you’re going, you have to do the black girl magic inner stuff to help yourself believe then conceive. My life philosophy is ‘Success is an Inside Job”. Affirming your new truth helps you shift things on an energetic level and tap into the inner momentum that will help with successful change. Look in the mirror and speak your new truth / changes into existence. #dailypractice
- Support – Create a support system of people who have done what you are trying to do and people who believe in you more than you believe in yourself. This is a pusher and accountability system for positive change.
- Permission to Be ‘Uncomfortable’ – give yourself permission to persevere through tough moments. It won’t always be easy however trust that you can do it! It’ll be worth it.
- Consistency – Also give yourself permission to keep going – you can never fail if you never give up.
Give it a try … pick an area of life where you desire some change … look in the mirror, implement these 5 steps and voila #blackgirlmagic. One more thing I’d like to point out, internal change, reaching goals, helping others and even global change all starts with us looking in the mirror. Keep us posted with your new found successes 🙂